Wednesday, July 30, 2003

in madrid now, just waiting, waiting, only one more day to go before returning back to the u.s. of a. i fly out of here thursday morning. if i could, i'd hop on the next flight home, but i've called the airline and all the flights are full. i'm sad to end it and all, but very much looking forward to getting home. LA is really the only home i've ever known. i miss my dog and my people. i need to get back into the paycheck game and earn some mulah. i need to look into that mysterious letter from the IRS that my mom told me arrived in the mail.

and as much as moving sucks, i sort of enjoy making a new place my own. putting my crap on the shelves, deciding how to arrange the furniture. we've been talking about finding a place in north hollywood, which is much cheaper than our last, central location in hollywood and nearer to los angeles' usually useless metrolink subway system. i think there's a train running from NoHo to USC. pabs wants to rid himself of his car expense and since he'll soon be a fulltime student (like me) this fall, and since we'll be attending the same university, we figure one car should be plenty between two people. at least we hope it will.

but for the first few weeks we'll be hanging out at my parents' place, getting our marbles together. this should be an interesting experiment: me, pabs, puppy, and my folks. i'm sure it'll be fine, mostly comical as we all try to figure out how to coexist in one space. what's weirdest for me about this situation is that the (town)house my folks are in now is not my childhood home. it's not like i'm moving back into my old room with my old things. they switched homes soon after i finished college, so i've never lived in the new place. i'll essentially be a boarder.

the bright side is that i'll be staying in marina del rey, which means good air and good weather. i can walk to the marina with puppy, roam around the shops, hit up the happy hour at the rosarito, and stumble back. but first things first.

No comments: