Saturday, April 17, 2010

Nip and Tuck

unless you are reading this by braille, you may have noticed that i gave the ole bloggy a little facelift. i wasn’t planning to, but Blogger decided to discontinue its support of ftp publishing, which i had been using since this blog’s inception in 2003. that meant i had to switch a bunch of things, reconfigure a bunch of other things, beg my webmaster to write some javascript that would redirect links and endure the general pain in the ass that is a site overhaul.

bright side is i have a shiny new blog template to play in, one that has far more functionality than the last one. as the multitude of widgets in the right sidebar can attest to, i’m playing with it, maybe a little too much. if i’m gotten anything terribly wrong with this initial design, please tell me. i imagine i’ll continue to tweak the layout in the coming weeks, so bear with me.

biggest changes so far include the addition of a twitter feed on the right. yes, in my endless quest for self-promotion and brand status, i have joined twitter and begun tweeting. if you are so inclined, please follow me: @millatimes. with your help, i can be bigger than @shitmydadsays!

you may have also noticed that the URL of this website has changed and now contains a dreaded blogspot.com. you should still be arriving here with your old bookmarked URL, but i encourage you to update it to just millatimes.com, which will redirect you here for now and hopefully be the blog’s permanent URL after some more finagling on my end.

i’ve also added more links to my blogroll, a permalink to my Dish-Interested column, a picture of the moment section that will be updated whenever the mood strikes, a follower section, tag cloud and subscribe links. i’m still having trouble importing comments from my old haloscan account, but hope to clear that up soon.

beyond that, i hope you like the new design. if not, just lie and say you do.

12 comments:

Michael Landis said...

Sorry -- nobody can be bigger than ShitMyDadSays. Not even a pickle.

Milla said...

who calling a pickle, pal? i am at least a tomato.

Michael Landis said...

Oh, you're not the pickle, the "I bet this pickle can get more fans than Nickleback" pickle is a pickle.

You're definitely at least a tomato. Maybe a jalapeño? I dunno -- whenever I think of comparisons to you I think of bacon. Haven't thought of you as a vegetable. ;-)

Milla said...

i would love to be bacon, but only bacon is bacon. there is no comparison and i wouldn't want to upset the bacon gods by trying. jalapeno i can live with, though.

Michael Landis said...

I'm going to be struck by lightning for this, but what popped in my head was "I am the lord thy bacon. You shall have no other bacon before me."

Milla said...

heresy! off with your head!

Wade said...

I like the new design

Milla said...

but do you really really like it or are you just saying you do since i said it was ok to lie? sadly, i'll never know.

Michael Landis said...

Hah! That's what you get for not demanding integrity. ;D

Anonymous said...

"I love the new design," Dave lied.

D said...

nice facelift!

Milla said...

you all are lying but that's ok. i know i asked for it. my redesigned blog and i thank you. (or maybe we don't.)